The Walking Dead TV Series

The place to talk about movies and tv shows.
User avatar Great Britain
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

The Walking Dead TV Series

Post by cosmo »

TV: 'The Walking Dead' Pilot Gets Green Light at AMC!

" It's on, IT'S ON!!! One of my new favorite television dramas is AMC's "Mad Men", which features compelling character pieces on ad men (and the women around them) in the 1960's. This show has given me such high hopes for what can be done with the live-action adaptation of Image Comic's epic ongoing post-apocalyptic zombie series "The Walking Dead", which is to be directed by Frank Darabont (The Mist). AMC has officially given the green light to shoot the pilot episode, meaning it's one step closer to reality! Check out the story below.

AMC has given greenlights to two drama pilots, "The Walking Dead" and "The Killing."

"The Walking Dead" is based on the graphic novel series about survivors of a zombie apocalypse by Robert Kirkman. Frank Darabont penned the adaptation and is on board to direct. Gale Anne Hurd of Valhalla Motion Pictures and David Alpert of Circle of Confusion will exec produce with Darabont.

"Walking Dead" revolves around a group of survivors, led by a police officer, who travel the country in search of a safe home.

Working with people like Frank Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd is the right way in for us to deliver a project of distinction in this genre," AMC prexy Charlie Collier said. "

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18785
Download
ZombieBabe21
Resurrected Corpse
Resurrected Corpse

Re: 'The Walking Dead'...... tv series

Post by ZombieBabe21 »

Thats kewl Cosmo thanks :)
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

so when will we be able to watch them ?
Formerly known as TheKiller
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Post by cosmo »

TheKiller wrote:so when will we be able to watch them ?
not sure yet mate, the pilot episode has been given the go-ahead so hopefully it wont be too long before its out
Download
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Post by cosmo »

TV: Pilot Script Review for Frank Darabont's 'The Walking Dead'!

" I'm not a big fan of script reviews - a reason we don't ever do them here on Bloody Disgusting - especially because the final product rarely resembles what was on paper. But still, the geek inside of me can't help but get excited when a review for a highly anticipated project finds its way online. This very evening Coming Attractions (the originator of online movie news and early BD inspiration) has posted their thoughts on Frank Darabont's 60-page pilot script for AMC's hotly anticipated "The Walking Dead" TV series (I got half-wood just saying the title). The analysis? Lookin' good folks, lookin' good. I've never been so excited for the apocalypse. "

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18841
Download
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Post by cosmo »

TV: 'The Walking Dead' Pilot to Begin Lensing in May

" Bloody Disgusting has learned that a May 15 start date has been locked for the pilot episode of "The Walking Dead", AMC's live-action comic book adaptation being directed by Frank Darabont. Shooting will commence in Atlanta, GA with hopes of bringing us a new TV series based on one of the greatest comics of all time. Published by Image Comics, Robert Kirkman's tale chronicles the travels of a group of people trying to survive in a world stricken by a zombie apocalypse. The Walking Dead is centered on Rick Grimes, a small-town police officer from Cynthiana, Kentucky, his family, and a number of other survivors who have banded together in order to survive after the world is overrun with zombies. As the series progresses, the characters become more developed, and their personalities shift under the stress of a zombie apocalypse. Fighting growing despair — and sometimes each other — the group searches for a secure location which they can finally call home. -Wiki "

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19047
Download
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Post by cosmo »

Major 'The Walking Dead' Casting Rumors, Who Should Play Rick?!

" What just arrived in my mail? Could it be the latest TPB volume of Robert Kirkman’s ongoing zombie masterpiece "The Walking Dead"? It sure was. Easily one of the best things I have ever read (just behind "Preacher"), it still hasn't settled in that AMC (the creative geniuses behind "Mad Men") will be bringing the comic to life as a TV series with Frank Darabont (The Mist) aboard to direct. What's been going through my horror-juiced brain? Who will strap on the boots of Rick Grimes, a small-town police officer from Cynthiana, Kentucky, that's what. While I have my own personal choices, some rumors have trickled on to the internet that I found quite interesting. Read on to see who is "said to be" in talks and then chime in with your own personal thoughts below (you never know who's reading).

While I don't really like to post rumors from sites I don't visit on a regular basis (because I'm not sure how credible they are), Big Shiny Robot is claiming to have some very reliable inside sources who know three names being thrown around for the role of Rick in Frank Darabont’s comic book adaptation shooting this May (more here).

I really hope the people at AMC understand how big of a decision this is. We're not talking about a single feature film, we're having a conversation about the face of horror, a man who will be crammed down our throats 13 hours a year for (hopefully) the foreseeable future.

So without further adieu, here are the 3 names rumored to be in the ring for Rick. One of which makes me sick to my stomach.......................... "

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19089
Download
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Walking Dead TV Show Casting Rumor, Frank Grimes is.....,

Post by cosmo »

" According to Shiney robot a few names are in contention for the upcoming Walking Dead TV show for AMC but it seems the front runner is Battlestar Gallacticas Jamie Bamber who plays Apollo. The role he is going for is of course that of Rick Grimes lead zombie killer for Walking Daed.

The start date for The Walking Dead TV show has been set and its May 15th according to Bloody-Digusting. Frank Darabonte wrote it and Gale Anne Hurd will direct. AMC senior VP says its much more then just a zombie film;

"This is a story about survival, and the dynamics of what happens when a group is forced to survive under these circumstances. The world (in 'Walking Dead') is portrayed in a smart, sophisticated way."

More to come as we get it! "

http://www.shootforthehead.com/294-Walk ... es-is.html
Download
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Post by cosmo »

Rick Grimes Officially Cast in AMC's 'The Walking Dead'

" In the end, AMC has cast Andrew Lincoln (pictured below) as the lead in its zombie apocalypse thriller "The Walking Dead," the Frank Darabont adaptation that goes behind camera this June in Atlanta. Jonny Lee Miller has been the original frontrunner. Lincoln ("Teachers," "Enduring Love") will play Rick Grimes, a small-town cop who leads a group of survivors in their struggle against a world besieged by zombies. As previously announced, Jon Bernthal will play Shane, a survivor who was Rick's police partner before the zombie disaster. "Andrew Lincoln, wow -- what an amazing find this guy is," said Robert Kirkman, who wrote the comic book series upon which the series is based. "Writing Rick Grimes month after month in the comic series, I had no idea he was an actual living breathing human being, and yet here he is. I couldn't be more thrilled with how this show is coming together." AMC has already ordered 6 episodes. "

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19714
Download
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Post by cosmo »

New Casting for 'The Walking Dead'

" Jeffrey DeMunn (Shelter, The Mist, The X Files) will join Jon Bernthal and Andrew Lincoln in Frank Darabont's adaptation of Image Comics' The Walking Dead, which has already been picked up for 6 episodes by AMC, reports Fearnet. No word on who he'll play. DeMunn is a Darabont regular, having appeared in The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Majestic, and The Mist. The project is set among a group of zombie survivors of an apocalypse who are led by a police officer, Rick Grimes, in search of a safe place to live. "

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19864
Download