Questions/Requests/Ideas 1

Post ideas for a new map/mod, and someone might make it real.
NOTLD
Lurker
Lurker
Name: Ezequiel

Questions/Requests/Ideas 1

Post by NOTLD »

Ok here I start my rain of questions. I'm not sure if it's better to put all my questions in one topic or make a topic for each idea/question... I guess it's better to group my questions cause they're just a lot I'll put a bunch here... but please please try to answer as much as you know. I have this whole story, maps, gameplay change thing in my head, and I really wanna start to get some of it done. Guess the easiest part will be to create the maps. It's the only part of all what I have in mind that has specific and clear tutorials. I'll save the story ideas for later, now I'll just bombard you with questions.

Ok here we go, some of the gameplay related changes I've been thinking of. I wanna know how to:

_ITEM GLOW: Make weapons and objects stop glowing. I know this is possible, just don't know how to do it.
_DAMAGE TO ZOMBIES: Make zombies take damage when they're on the ground, like after you hit them with a secondary melee attack, or when they're just spawning, because during the animations where they spawn, like falling from a window, you can't hit or shoot them. In my specific case, I'd like to mix this with the next...
_DAMAGE TO ZOMBIES: Make zombies die by headshots or head blows only. I know this is possible too, but also don't know how to do it.
_HEADSHOT: Add headshot capacity to weapons that don't have it (example: the .22 Rifle).
_NEW WEAPONS: Make new weapons. Again, I know it has been done already, but I don't know how.
_REALISTIC INVENTORY: Add a max of heavy weapons to carry at the same time. Something like that you have to drop a shotgun to take an axe.
_DAMAGE TO PLAYER: what I have in mind is kind of complex. For starters, one hit infects you. But the infection is not the same that has already been acomplished, that being that an infected looses health unltil he/she dies. I'd actually like to make that the story course is changed by various things you do or don't do ingame (in a story mode) and that getting infected is one of those variables. And make that 3, 4, 5, or something hits kill you. It would be awsome to change the dead animation for the character to still be alive while they eat him/her, but that is just details and probably impossible ones. Nice to imagine, though.
_DAMAGE TO PLAYER: make falls temporarily cripple you, not actually damage you.
_PILLS: well, as you see from previous points, health would be very different. I want to make pills just temporarily cure the "sickness" brought by the infection, which would be (increasingly) getting tired more easily when running, blur vision, also add hard breathing sounds, finally inhability to run at all, then slower walking, then at the end the greenish vision from when a "smoky" zombie vomits on you, and then start to actually loosing health, and then just die.
_MEDIC KITS: I'm not sure if I want them to actually heal you, or stop a "bleeding" effect that would slowly drain your health.

Damn, I was just going to keep going, but the list is getting long, so I'll stop for now. Collaboration would be awsome if anyone was interested, but that a really long shot. Mainly, I want if anyone who knows how to do any of those stuff to tell me how. Thanks for reading and in advance if you answer.
Last edited by NOTLD on 01 Mar 2011, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: Questions/Requests/Ideas 1

Post by Dragosvr92 »

its Okay as you did... if you would post them one by one you'd be a spammer :P

_ITEM GLOW:
If you mean the yellow blinking color ,you can change it be removing the shader and just replace it with the original weapon texture

_DAMAGE TO ZOMBIES:
that should need a fix in the gametype i think .. and i cant do it

_DAMAGE TO ZOMBIES:
thats possible from their Proprietys... but i cant remember how it was done ,i think there was some Setting "Allow Weapon Headshoot" in the server configuration or something ......

_Add headshot:
to do that to the weapon(s) you would need to re do it/them completely or just change the propretys in some Mutator
but i think the BDRifle allows you to kill zeds from a head shoot

_NEW WEAPONS:
Thats too complicated ... you'd first need to make a new animation ,then the textures ,and code its .U File

_REALISTIC INVENTORY:
Not sure what you mean here , you can already carry a big ammount of weapons ...

_DAMAGE TO PLAYER:
Some of this suggestions were made not long ago again ,to Trin (The LMS Author) Sadly they wont be listened ..

_PILLS:
hmm... i think theres something alike that on a Resident Evil map , cant remember the name now .

_MEDIC KITS:
um... thats a good idea , look like its filling a glass right?

YEAAHH !! You finally stop lol :D
Sorry if i cant help more ....
Formerly known as TheKiller
Canada
Damocles
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

Re: Questions/Requests/Ideas 1

Post by Damocles »

Hi NOTLD. :)

Welcome to the Forums. I know nothing about modding but I'm learning to make maps. There are a couple things you mentioned that can be changed in the UT editor:

1. Non-glowing pickups can be added to the map by opening the actor class browser and clicking on the folder icon "open package". The LOTD system files will appear. Double-click the TrinGeneralV2.u file. It will load quickly. Go into actors/pickup. It should show new options for melee weps as well as a new option, Trin weapon pickup base. Double-click any wep and a small blue script box should appear that says non-glowing pickup. Add the wep to the map and voila!.. no annoying glowing gun. The flashlight weps don't glow anyway.. so that's not a prob. But The Killer's suggestion to change the shader will also work fine. I suspect this is what Trin did anyway. The reverse is also true. If you want to make an object glow (a switch perhaps) you just add the shader.

2. The inventory max thing should be do-able. Deathmatch only allows 3 weps I believe. For Invasion.. you go to the weps properties and find the wep pickup option (near bottom I think). It will by default say Weapon thrown=false. Change that to true and it should work(haven't tried it). Unless I'm mistaken, a weapon will dropped to make room for the new one. But it depends on the wep you have equipped at the time.

3. The headshot issue can be tweaked when you add a zombie Factory (I recommend TrinV2 zed factory). Go into it's properties and find option TrinV2 zombie factory at bottom. There you will see an option Allow Weak Weapon Headshot Chance=False. Change it to true and you will be able to do headshots with "weak" weps. Unfortunately, I don't know a way to make ONLY headshots count, but at least the glock will now part a zed from his brain.

4. Medic Kits can be changed to give only a little health. Again.. it's in the pickup properties. Set the amount of health a player recieves there. You can also change a med kits appearance by changing the static mesh it uses.

Anyway.. since your original questions were about modding, I'm not sure if this was helpful. Just my two cents worth. :D Cya.