Hello peoples, need some help

Ask here for general LOTD support, missing files.
Russia
Mattydigs
Bitten
Bitten

Hello peoples, need some help

Post by Mattydigs »

Hello again, friends :) I need to download all the stuff Destroyer has on his server and I don't want any extras, just the stuff (the added textures, maps, sounds, models, etc etc) that will let me get onto his server and play all the maps. The auto-download is so incredibly slow that mostly I can't even snatch anything before it kicks me out when the next map starts. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

-Matty
Russia
Mattydigs
Bitten
Bitten

Re: Hello peoples, need some help

Post by Mattydigs »

Ok so the answer was to connect to IP directly as that downloaded WAY faster and Now I'm good :D
Russia
Mattydigs
Bitten
Bitten

Post by Mattydigs »

now my internet games list is blank (happened after my internet went down) and I can't connect to destroyers server because cosmo's is the same ip and I don't know how to put in the port! Ugh , can anyone help me out here? please
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Hi Matty, welcome to our community. Destroyers server, aswell as Cosmos servers are based of a copy of my game. Each one having been upgraded with extra files. But im not about to share 12.8 GB of files.

Nobody should bother to lose time downloading from the servers everytime. It consumes the servers resources and the players time.
Thats why we recommend downloading the map packs. They provide the general files and reduces the downloading.

You should configure your cache folder so the downloads dont expire and redownload after a month.
instructions here => [How-2] Stop Downloading the same map files.

You can get @DeepImpact's little program that acts as a server list from here.
D-Tools : Land of The Dead Server Query Tool.

You can join any server from it. Just select it and the game will start and connect you to it.

You just open the console and type open 207.244.73.38:7877.
You can even copy paste the command, but you have to change your commandline to this => Edit The Lotd Console Aspect

Good luck.
Formerly known as TheKiller
Russia
Mattydigs
Bitten
Bitten

Post by Mattydigs »

Dragosvr92 wrote:Hi Matty, welcome to our community. Destroyers server, aswell as Cosmos servers are based of a copy of my game. Each one having been upgraded with extra files. But im not about to share 12.8 GB of files.

Nobody should bother to lose time downloading from the servers everytime. It consumes the servers resources and the players time.
Thats why we recommend downloading the map packs. They provide the general files and reduces the downloading.

You should configure your cache folder so the downloads dont expire and redownload after a month.
instructions here => [How-2] Stop Downloading the same map files.

You can get @DeepImpact's little program that acts as a server list from here.
D-Tools : Land of The Dead Server Query Tool.

You can join any server from it. Just select it and the game will start and connect you to it.

You just open the console and type open 207.244.73.38:7877.
You can even copy paste the command, but you have to change your commandline to this => Edit The Lotd Console Aspect

Good luck.
Thanks man! Well I refuse to download 12.8 gb of files anyway! hahaaa :p I only need just the amount that's on his server and just those exact maps. I don't have any extra space to spare. Maybe there is some way to figure out exactly what is on his server and just DL that? Already tried all of what you said and D-Tools doesn't work for me. I get an error saying "cannot connect to 'of' " : / D- Tools would be the perfect tool to use otherwise. Anything I can do? The open command doesn't work for me either, not for Desty's server anyway. Crap.
Last edited by Mattydigs on 04 Apr 2017, 02:52, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Only thing you can do, is to just get the files available in the map packs and set your cache so it wont clear itself.

The amount on the server can change when New maps and mods are added.... You wont get that kind of precision you want anywhere.
Not even the server owner can provide you with just the specific files.

I dont see how you couldnt store 12GB though. Even basic computers from ten years are go had about 80-130GB Drives.

The OPEN command does work. You open the console from the button under the ESC key. Just specify the port as in the example.
Last edited by Dragosvr92 on 04 Apr 2017, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
Russia
Mattydigs
Bitten
Bitten

Post by Mattydigs »

I'm a huge music collector and I listen to new stuff every day and delete it (or keep it) but I also find new stuff every day, so that takes up space. I also make my own music and that takes up a lot of space. I also dabble in audio production stuff and that also takes up a ton of space. All of this plus I'm on a budget, I can't afford a new hard drive or a cloud service. I'm lucky if I have 100 gb free between all my drives right now and I spent all day clearing up space just a couple days ago. 12 gb, especially for a game, is a big deal. I don't even play newer games right now (barely game in general) because they're just stupid big. I wish I could delete all the maps on CS:GO i don't play because CS takes up way too much space.

What I don't get is you're saying people don't know their own map cycle?? It's on a file somewhere, the server needs that info to run and not go to every map that you have, doesn't it? I mean, If I have to sit here and write down every map I see on his server from the stats on lotd is great then I'll do it but I know there must be a better way. On another note, I don't like even like most of the other maps available. Why DL maps I won't play/don't want to play? I know Desty liked the maps that I liked. Our tastes were the same in that regard.

With the open command, yea I did all of that. Multiple times. It works with other servers but with Desty's it does nothing.

Any idea what is up with that D-Tools error? I have vb basic installed

I'm not trying to give you any trouble bud, just being honest here. I appreciate all your help, really I do :) Thanks!
Last edited by Mattydigs on 04 Apr 2017, 13:39, edited 6 times in total.
Russia
Mattydigs
Bitten
Bitten

Post by Mattydigs »

Hey man I talked to Desty, figured things out, it's all good now. Thanks! :D
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

They can provide you with the map list and the list. If they feel like it. They can even give you the .dz files. But they dont know how many files each map needs. They also add new maps. Some of the maps they are running may not even be available to the public as they might be in beta stage.

There is a tool with which you can grab all map dependencies though which would allow you to get all files needed by just the maplist. Ive been saying il write a tut on how to use it for years, but i havent as the game doesnt seem to be that popular anymore either.

The command i provided you works for all servers. It has to be put in the command line. Not the Connect to IP box.
I just tried it for Dests server and it worked fine. Maybe you are typing the wrong data. Just copy/paste the command i gave.

I dont know what to say about DTools. Maybe Deep can have some idea. Maybe your antivirus/firewall is blocking it.