Messing Around with the Settings

Ask here for general LOTD support, missing files.
User avatar Canada
Puppy Wehtam
Server Admin
Server Admin

Messing Around with the Settings

Post by Puppy Wehtam »

I was getting annoyed with the window in the editor being off screen by a sliver and the Master Browser being squished when minimized so I decided to take a look at LOTD.ini and UnrealEd.ini for solutions. Though I still haven't fixed my problem lmao I did come across some things that caught my eye and decided to tweak them. Not sure if I got results on some tweaks or not but that I would maybe mention them here and maybe if anyone tweaked anything else in these files that they might think would benefit me and/or others they could mention them here as well.

So first I'll show the section I tweaked;

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=1920
WindowedViewportY=1080
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
MenuViewportX=1920
MenuViewportY=1080
Brightness=0.900000
Contrast=0.800000
Gamma=0.870000
UseJoystick=False
CaptureMouse=True
StartupFullscreen=True
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
MinDesiredFrameRate=60.000000
Decals=True
Coronas=True
DecoLayers=True
Projectors=True
NoDynamicLights=False
ReportDynamicUploads=False
TextureDetailInterface=Higher
TextureDetailTerrain=UltraHigh
TextureDetailWeaponSkin=UltraHigh
TextureDetailPlayerSkin=UltraHigh
TextureDetailWorld=UltraHigh
TextureDetailRenderMap=UltraHigh
TextureDetailLightmap=UltraHigh
NoFractalAnim=False
ScaleHUDX=0.0
MouseYMultiplier=0.000000
MouseXMultiplier=0.000000
TextureMinMipmapSize=0
TextureNumMipmaps=0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing I tweaked was both the windowed view port and full screen view port to what my computer's resolution is at which I feel I noticed right away as a benefit for me, everything visually seems better on my screen with this. I switched StartupFullscreen= to True as well since it was on false.

The next thing I went and did was set the MinDesiredFrameRate= from 25 to 60. Still not sure if this changed anything but it seemed like something I should increase considering my computer sure can handle that many FPS. I might even mess with it more and increase the FPS even more if it does work.

Now the last thing I changed is actually not in this section but in another;

[Engine.PlayerController]
DefaultFOV=90

---------------------------------------------------

Again as with the FPS I'm not sure if this really did anything but when I did it in Space Engineers I felt it made things feel more like I was looking through someone's eyes and not a camera so when I saw the setting in there I decided to see if I can do that in LOTD as well. I might mess around with this setting more to see if actually works and maybe to increase my Field of View even more just to give more of a realistic human view.

After all this I still haven't found the settings for editing the window size for the editor window and I noticed my mouse pointer is huge in the menus of LOTD which I still have to figure out as well. When messing the setting more if I find anything else useful I'll post it in this topic as well so others can see what I did and if they like it they can do it as well.

*UPDATE*

So I noticed FOV did nothing when edited in those files but noticed User.ini and DevUser.ini had a line for FOV as well;

DesiredFOV=90.000000
DefaultFOV=90.000000

It did the trick and now my FOV is 90.
Mapper, Server Owner (Puppy's Zomdemic)