Land of the Dead Server status and discussions
Sweden
ZkZell
Fresh Brains
Fresh Brains
Name: Martin

Server ping N/A, why?

Post by ZkZell »

Hello, my server that i want to make work is having some problem I can't understand. My server won't show any ping, it is only showing a "?" Or "N/A" where it is supposed to say my ping. So I don't know if people can se my server and join the server. :(
Is it something with how my server is finding the masterserver, or what could it be? I have gotten some people to Connect like twice or so. And I think I have ported the server correctly throw my router.
I would be very happy for the help, because I really love land of the dead game. :)

Have a nice day people.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: Server ping N/A, why?

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Hi Martin, Glad to see you posting here :)

I think that sounds like its a router/firewall issue. Is your server still running so i may check it out?
You can message me on facebook when you get it running and i can see if it gives me a ping.

Sorry for not answering any sooner. I didnt see this topic until now.
Formerly known as TheKiller
User avatar United States of America
DeepImpact
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by DeepImpact »

Yeah the ping of N/A Means your routers firewall is blocking the incoming connections..

LOTD needs these ports opened: See my reply on this post... TCP and UDP.
LOTD server default ports and how they work

- If Your Using At&t uverse.. then you can not connect to your Own Public ip address when on the same network.
- You must use your Lan IP. but YES other people Can connect to your Public ip.. Just Not You. lol
- I thought that was kinda stupid myself... but oh well, a small set back. just use ur lan ip if on att.
- of course you must open the ports on your router no matter what isp you have. UDP. and TCP. for lotd.

* EDIT: You can also add your server to Gametracker.com and see if it picks it up.. then u know ur good to go.
- Game type: Unreal tournament 2004.
- IP or Domain Name: type in ur lotd server ip.
- Join Port: the port your using for lotd server.. ie: 7777..
- Query port is auto changed on join port change.
Last edited by DeepImpact on 24 Jan 2017, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
Sweden
ZkZell
Fresh Brains
Fresh Brains

Post by ZkZell »

Aha okey then I know a little more.
Dragos: I can tell you when im trying to get the server upp again, maby in this weekend I can try my server again.. XD

Deep impact: Okey i will try to do that, im not very god att opening ports and firewall for servers. But I will give it a shot. I hope I can do that on my router. It is a crapy router from the company that delivers my internet, so I hope it is possible to do that. XD

But im very thankful for the help, I will reply here later. So you know if I got it to work or if I run over my router with the car. Haha :)
Sweden
ZkZell
Fresh Brains
Fresh Brains

Post by ZkZell »

Hello people, now i got my server to work. YAY. i opened some more ports and lowerd the Firewall a bit in the router. So now people begin to join the server. :)
im in great thanks to you two. :)