The Father of the Zombie Genre has left us

Here you may post anything Zombie Related.
User avatar Great Britain
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

The Father of the Zombie Genre has left us

Post by cosmo »

George A. Romero dies aged 77: Night of the Living Dead creator :(( :(( :((

" Night of the Living Dead director George A. Romero has died aged 77, according to the LA Times.

The Hollywood icon reportedly lost his battle with lung cancer on Sunday night, and passed away whilst listening to his favourite soundtrack.

Romero died Sunday in his sleep following a “brief but aggressive battle with lung cancer ,” according to a statement issued to newspaper by his longtime producing partner, Peter Grunwald.

Night of the Living Dead director George A. Romero has died aged 77, according to the LA Times (Image: Getty Images)
The director, who is regarded as the father of zombie horror films, is believed to have died while listening to the score of one his favorite film soundtracks, 1952’s “The Quiet Man,” with his wife, Suzanne Desrocher Romero, and daughter, Tina Romero, at his side, the family said. "

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... d-10811715
Download
User avatar Canada
Puppy Wehtam
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: The Father of the Zombie Genre has left us

Post by Puppy Wehtam »

It is very sad to hear that he has passed. I hope someone takes up the mantle and produces zombie movie quality like his eventually. I wasn't too sure about the Deathrace with zombies idea I heard he was working on before passing but every zombie movie he has made was the best I've seen. His work always had something no other zombie genre could reproduce, even The Walking Dead doesn't give me the same feelings his movies gave. I still love going to bed to Diary of the Dead.

This world truly lost a great man. I will miss you George A. Romero and will treasure the gifts you gave the world during your life.
Mapper, Server Owner (Puppy's Zomdemic)
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder
Name: Marcus Vázquez

Re: The Father of the Zombie Genre has left us

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

Well, he'll be back to try to eat our brains.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.