Romero"s Survival of The Dead...

Post ideas for a new map/mod, and someone might make it real.
artimus
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Romero"s Survival of The Dead...

Post by artimus »

Hey all,

Just got thru watching Survival Of the Dead.. kind of a send off of Diary of the dead (well there's a little
reference to that movie anyway).. so I had to write and tell you i think Romero's gone completly batty
if he thinks this is a zombie movie! I mean what's happened to the good ole days when zombie movies
(although contright) were scary/campy not totally retarded like Survival.
And although the script was very retarded and the acting worse it did have some good zombie effects that
would be cool if implemented if LOTD, one I really liked was when you shoot a zombie with a flare
gun and his eyes pop out and his head lights up like a candle...

Should'nt be that hard to implement (in theory anyways), unfortunatley I'm not yet that adept at unrealed
what say you???

Artimus
Gee Mr. Wizard how do you make the litmus paper turn blue..
The same way I get the egg in the coke bottle bitch...
User avatar Great Britain
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Re: Romero"s Survival of The Dead...

Post by cosmo »

i would have to disagree about the movie as i personally liked it

i think the flare gun / eyeball thing would be difficult to implement in lotd , however as far as maps go... the two houses with the bridge between them could make a good map......... or maybe even the dock area
Download
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

erm ... the movie wasn't bad... but not great also

as Cosmo said .. its hard to create that for LOTD Because the eye balls that go out and the candle head will have to be coded into the zombies also....

or maybe it will be possible if someone would be able to create a mutator that ads a skeleton to the character with the burning head animation or something..

but i am not able to model any new weapons and dont have the knowledge to write a so dificult mutator or whatever....
Formerly known as TheKiller
artimus
Rotting Corpse
Rotting Corpse

Post by artimus »

TheKiller wrote:erm ... the movie wasn't bad... but not great also

as Cosmo said .. its hard to create that for LOTD Because the eye balls that go out and the candle head will have to be coded into the zombies also....

or maybe it will be possible if someone would be able to create a mutator that ads a skeleton to the character with the burning head animation or something..

but i am not able to model any new weapons and dont have the knowledge to write a so dificult mutator or whatever....

hmm.. ok the eyeball popping could be difficult i see, but maybe just the candle head.. couldn't you just attach a
flame to the zeds head or something to that effect?

cheerio's
Art
Gee Mr. Wizard how do you make the litmus paper turn blue..
The same way I get the egg in the coke bottle bitch...
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

that would be possible...
but i don't know if i can do it
Formerly known as TheKiller
ICEMAN
Dead Walker
Dead Walker

Post by ICEMAN »

cosmo wrote:i would have to disagree about the movie as i personally liked it

i think the flare gun / eyeball thing would be difficult to implement in lotd , however as far as maps go... the two houses with the bridge between them could make a good map......... or maybe even the dock area
I didn't think anybody else out there liked this move as much as I did. People often complain of the cheesiness of this film, but I think that's part of its charm.

Anyway, I think the dock or ferry would make great maps, as well as the farmhouse at the end.
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder
Name: Marcus Vázquez

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

I guess i can add a candle head o-O with a mutator, also i can make the flare gun, the first thing to considerate is that LOTD is shit, yes, sorry for the word, but, it dont support too much stuff, what i mean with this? example,

You can add 50 normal zombies in a map and it will be more or less, not fast but not lag too,
actually im making a new mod,
you cannot add more of 26 zombies of my mod because LOTD lags :/ but normal zombies dont make it slower,

well the main point is that
i can make the flare gun, but the ilumination that it makes when the bullet or flare whatever fall in the floor or wherever might be make lag, like if you put lot of fire in a some place, same with this.

Well i answered 5 years 10 months late but i answered :p
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
User avatar Canada
Puppy Wehtam
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Puppy Wehtam »

I'm late to the party too lol. Survival of the Dead was okay, I found some effects a bit cheesy and was kind of sad that it mostly focused on that island when I loved Diary of the Dead and was kind of hoping it would follow that path a little but it still was a good story and a decent movie.

I don't know about making it so you can shoot a zombie causing it's head to burst into flames but it would be useful just to have a flaming zombie; either completely on fire or just the head on fire. It could open up more windows for stuff like objective maps... Speaking of this stuff makes me kind of want to get to work on maps... Ya I'm going to do that right now lol.
Mapper, Server Owner (Puppy's Zomdemic)