Admin sign

Post ideas for a new map/mod, and someone might make it real.
Hege79
Dead Walker
Dead Walker
Name: Hegedűs Ádám

Admin sign

Post by Hege79 »

Hello everyone!
I would like to say that you would not be able to prepare it only the admin a sign like that his head above it, how seeing should be allowed to be him how the admin?

for example at other games:

gm.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.filefront.com/user/Hege79maps

U here can Download My MAPS!
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: Admin sign

Post by Dragosvr92 »

hmm... you want a sign above the player's head to say that hes a admin ?
that should be possible in the engine ,but sadly i am not able to write a mod/gametype like that ...

but.. i think it could be done by reading the player's IP or nickname and if it matches with something set into the server's ini file
it will add its mesh with the admin sign ...

but that would be stupid as most peoples have dynamic IPs . so thats not a too good solution ..
and if you just want to do it by names ,others will be able to use the name , like having ten players with the same name and admin sign when they re not admins ....

umm.... maybe just show the sign once you get logged in as an admin .... that would be a better way :D

anyways ...
i'll be moving the topic in the Mod & Map Ideas

maybe someone with enough knowledge and time to create a MOD Like that will once join the forums :)
i think it should be possible to be done in a GameType or a Mutator
Formerly known as TheKiller
Hege79
Dead Walker
Dead Walker
Name: Hegedűs Ádám

Post by Hege79 »

Ok.Im understand. :xD
http://www.filefront.com/user/Hege79maps

U here can Download My MAPS!
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Sorry...

Hopefully someone may listen to your suggestion and do it into a mod ! :D
LifeStalker99
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LifeStalker99 »

Actually Man, this already exist. Once an admin loggs in everyone can see his/her Nickname. kinda like a sign, but better in my opinion.
User avatar Great Britain
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Post by cosmo »

personally i do not agree with admin name tags...... we tried to have one name stand around admins in the past and it failed miserably................all was good until the admin left the server then the tkers would go nuts and attack everyone in sight......... ....admins are there to ensure fair play...... not to stand around like mannequins

also remember that an admin is a player first and foremost............ sometimes the admin just wants to go in and play a few quiet games.....

the best games are those where the players play and the admin doesnt even have to log in..........

just my opinion
Download
User avatar United States of America
DeepImpact
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by DeepImpact »

I bet that "other" game has a ton of cheaters after the admin leaves. lol
Sounds like he really wants to know when an admin is online.. i'd say. huhuh...

Cause we all know It's better to Not be known as the admin on a game server.
Just like Cosmo said.. Oh there's no admin here now.. let's all go nuts and cheat yeah! lololol! exactly my point.
Yeh... the best admin... is the admin that uses a random name that you don't know about.. and I do too.
and after you've established that there are no bad players.. then you play with your real admin name. yeh.
---> So You Will Never Know Who Is Watching You! ...So always play nice and fair. Always. And you'll be just fine.
and it would be even better on lotd.. to not even show that the admin has logged in. Now that would be a nice feature indeed.
Cause cheaters like to leave when an admin logs in.. but what they don't know.. is the server already has ur ip and you will be banned anyway.
So please play nice. and not cheat or teamkill.. thx. If you gotta cheat on this game.. then you need not even play it. yup.
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder
Name: Marcus Vázquez

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

That guy... life stalker... was added long time ago in the bann list on the fb group, hes one of the fuckers that only make problems on DoG
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
LifeStalker99
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LifeStalker99 »

Yep, Used to. :)
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

If someone remembers UGS Definition.... He used to be a gigantic pain in my arse for years.
He used to leave as soon as we would login to ban him. That was very annoying. Sadly for him i found ways to login and ban him at the same time. But later on i also added a range ban on him and he didnt bother us for a long time. :mrgreen:

To remove the admin login notification we would need a new gametype update to BladeIN. A enable/disable feature would be nice.
I think i can remove that, but it would be nicer if @eblade would complete his BladeIN2.0.u

Marcus, please be polite :)