MV_GT

Share images of your project for us to review and give feedback.
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder
Name: Marcus Vázquez

MV_GT

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

working on the new ''MV_GT'' (Marcus Vazquez GameType) DM and CTF only

i have a little doubs, i want add some new feactures that LMS has... but Trin did this on his Invasion gametype:

// Disable showing login as admin.
if (Left(CommandLine, 6) != "login ")
{
TeamMessage(PlayerReplicationInfo, Result, 'AdminCommand');
}

I'm very curious now, that feacture would be too useful, just thing in a situation... A cheater is on, an admin come without spot no one, and PUM! banhammer in action. the problem is that it doesnt work o-O im guessing that is not activated, but Trin made only the code to the curious people or might be it only need a few fixes, well i will keep my eye on it and continue working on it, hopefully get it working on my server soon.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: MV_GT

Post by Dragosvr92 »

I know you can just change or remove the lines that add the login message.

Not sure about making a function that just disables it, but it should be possible.
All i can suggest is ask Trin on Steam. If you can make sense of what hes saying, or if he remembers what to explain.
Formerly known as TheKiller
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

I dont have steam :'v and i don't know his acount, the gametype um change the sounds and textures and traslate it is easy, the hardest thing is put the ban system, Trin made an extend of the BladeIN so i must remplace lot of things and change too :l the login now is done the thing that is gaving me problems is the ID and the logs
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

I already translated BladeIN to Spanish. The file wasnt officially released, but some must have it. Could use parts of it so you wont translate manually. Good luck with the rest.
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

Dragosvr92 wrote:I already translated BladeIN to Spanish. The file wasnt officially released, but some must have it. Could use parts of it so you wont translate manually. Good luck with the rest.
I will change all, i want the UT sounds on DM and CTF also i will change the bag and the textures for a flag score tex and a real flag not a bag :p and the traslate is not necessary i can do it myself, further is not too many effort xd are only some little lines, the thing i want is the ammo share and the Bann, but bleh, i dont know what Trin and Blade did o-o but respect to his work i can't understand it at all yet :l but the ammo share is done, wasnt hard to do :'v
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

May be a better idea to make the pickupbag configurable via actor so mappers can set it to whatever they want.... A skull, a Treasure Chest, a princess(too much mario lol) etc. A mutator would be good too, to change it from old maps. If you can make all that.
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

I did it already since i started make a CTF map

class MVFlag extends DOTZFlag

and about make another flag you can remplace my Flag mesh with whatever mesh that you have, it will work, i modificated the lines to can remplace my mesh for whatever you want :p

Shit life keep me bussy, sorry for late :p
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

Dragosvr92 wrote:May be a better idea to make the pickupbag configurable via actor so mappers can set it to whatever they want.... A skull, a Treasure Chest, a princess(too much mario lol) etc. A mutator would be good too, to change it from old maps. If you can make all that.

Well that can be done by just clicking on its properties in the display option :)
the problem like always, is the animation :p. If you dont do it propertly it will looks like your doctor bob carrying the bag.

However, ya, a mut doing that would be easy, but as I said, the problem is the animation, not all chars are made correctly so... v':

And finally :) My gametype is finished on beta test, ban and logs works :) I will post some pictures in a new post
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Its an old game. Dont have to be so specifically detailed. Can just make an a symbol above their heads to mark them that they have the treasure.
A skull, a letter, an arror. Whatever. Congratulations.
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

Dragosvr92 wrote:Its an old game. Dont have to be so specifically detailed. Can just make an a symbol above their heads to mark them that they have the treasure.
A skull, a letter, an arror. Whatever. Congratulations.

O-O good idea that sign, that would be easy to do... I guess.
After the beta days, I will start to traslate my gametype and change the HUD, after all that I will start with the CTF gametype.

And thank you ♥