Land of the Dead level editor question

Ask here for general LOTD support, missing files.
United States of America
musicmike14
Bitten
Bitten

Land of the Dead level editor question

Post by musicmike14 »

Is there a level editor for the Land of the Dead game? If so, how you do get it to work? I tried searching on Youtube and Google and there's no step by step installation/setup to create your own missions/maps.
User avatar Canada
Puppy Wehtam
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: Land of the Dead level editor question

Post by Puppy Wehtam »

There is an editor. It is not simple to learn and it is already with the game. Make sure you have all the patches for the game installed first and anything you need to know is in this forum's HOW TO section. You are just going to have to put the effort into looking through the stuff to learn things. As for looking things up internet wise you should be searching for guides for using the Unreal Engine 2 which is what the editor for LOTD basically is but there is no step by step things out there. Just bits and pieces for things but again I recommend you take the effort to look in the LOTD help/how to section here and all the threads to learn stuff. (pssst... This post you made is in the section of all those guides)
Mapper, Server Owner (Puppy's Zomdemic)
United States of America
musicmike14
Bitten
Bitten

Post by musicmike14 »

Oh ok, thanks for letting me know. I'm new here so I'm not sure where to start, but cool.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

You need the 1.1 LOTD Patch to get the Editor. You can get it from here=> LOTD Maps-Mods-Fixes & Updates. You can extract all the files in the zip archive in your LOTD directory and overwrite the files, or use the setup installer. To open the editor you load UnreadEdStart.bat

If you have LOTD on Windows newer than XP, you will have to get this patch also. Unrealed Patch for Vista10
Formerly known as TheKiller
United States of America
musicmike14
Bitten
Bitten

Post by musicmike14 »

Thanks, I managed to get it working now. Sorry for the late response, took me a year to reply back, haha! Been busy.