I need some help editing the game.

Ask here for general LOTD support, missing files.
User avatar Argentina
gashe
Fresh Brains
Fresh Brains

I need some help editing the game.

Post by gashe »

Hello everyone who reads this.

•Problem 1
I tell you, I'm working on a patch to translate the game into Spanish for people who don't understand a lot of English and I've had some problems.
Trying to translate some things doesn't work.
I hope you can help me with this. :s

•Problem 2
I want to speed up the zombies in campaign mode, which is exactly what I have to modify ?

•Problem 3
My game doesn't load saved games or quicksaves. :(( :((

•Last thing
I also wanted to know if you can modify the main menu and loading screens

If so, what would the files be? i was looking and I didn't find any.

I hope you have a nice day and thank you. :mrgreen: :oops:
User avatar Canada
Puppy Wehtam
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: I need some help editing the game.

Post by Puppy Wehtam »

#1 Marcus should be able to help you with the translation thing since he did it already for a bunch of stuff in multiplayer.
#2 Replace zombie factories with Trin's zombie factories from his files and edit running speed in the factory settings.
#3 No idea since I play multiplayer only when I do play. Maybe Punk knows.
#4 I feel like you can but you will have to look through to which file grabs those images (they are basically just textures like any other) and replace the line with your own texture and save it as an entirely new file that extends from the original which might work. But I'm not sure because that is something else I don't mess with.

I feel like I've seen plenty of others having done the stuff you want to do. Marcus, and the people he bugs into helping him, has made many translations into Spanish on things for Spanish players. Punk has done many different changes to the campaign that made it more difficult and different. Finally I've seen plenty of others attempt to change the loading screens both offline and online to suit their purposes. (Online loading screens tend to be easier since you can put your own custom ones in level properties for your own maps.)

Sorry if I wasn't much help, best of luck with your endeavor.
Mapper, Server Owner (Puppy's Zomdemic)
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: I need some help editing the game.

Post by Dragosvr92 »

#1 You cannot translate the "Press Action" message. For that, each weapon would have to be overwritten. Which wil cause a mismatch online.
#2 You will have to edit each ZombieFactory in the editor as said above.
#3 You may have some missing/corrupt files. Reinstall the game and the 1.1 Patch over the existing game to overwrite and fix the broken files.
#4 Yes you can. You only need to change the loading textures with other ones, but retain the filenames. Doing this will cause mismatches online.

All you want can be achieved, but the game will only work in SinglePlayer.
Maybe a mutator could be written to overwrite all that but unlikely anybody will waste the effort.
Formerly known as TheKiller