Is it possible to play the storymode in multiplayer?

Ask here for general LOTD support, missing files.
Zoatgy
Lurker
Lurker

Is it possible to play the storymode in multiplayer?

Post by Zoatgy »

Hello, new old player of LOTD here!

I wish to replay the story mode with my friend in co-op and I'm wondering if there's any way to somehow import and play through the story mode's maps in multiplayer? Thank you!
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: Is it possible to play the storymode in multiplayer?

Post by Dragosvr92 »

The maps have to be modified for multiplayer and the old mappers/modders that could make this happen arent around anymore.
Formerly known as TheKiller
Jela331
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jela331 »

Dragosvr92 wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 11:29 The maps have to be modified for multiplayer and the old mappers/modders that could make this happen arent around anymore.
I registered with my real username, sorry for the confusion.

That's sad to hear, I'll check out the tutorials here and try doing it myself when I'm free. Thanks for responding especially in 2021 lol
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

I can merge your two accounts if you wish me to. Could have just asked me to change your username.

Mission objective maps for multiplayer were first done in late 2008... I think Trin made this possible by fixing mission events to work in multiplayer. I recommend you look up mission maps that work in multiplayer, like INUGSewers, and reverse engineer it to reapply on all SP chapters. After you added Trin's Multiplayer NetFixes on them, you can host a server with all maps in the right order.... The gameplay missions may have to be changed so everyplayer can finish the map... Good luck!

Edit: You could also remove the mission objectives completely and play them in the same order in a server.. It would be easier.
Formerly known as TheKiller