DOTZACinematicsCharacters missing files

Ask here for general LOTD support, missing files.
User avatar China
sjc26
Infected
Infected

DOTZACinematicsCharacters missing files

Post by sjc26 »

Hello,i want to make a cg by using matinee, but when JackSlade using the mesh in package DOTZACinematicsCharacters, it reports errors.
editor log:
Log: Failed to load 'DOTZTCinematicsCharacters': Can't find file for package 'DOTZTCinematicsCharacters'
Log: Failed to load 'DOTZTCinematics': Can't find file for package 'DOTZTCinematics'

can you fix it ?
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: [HOW-TO] Fix LOTD Critical Errors

Post by Dragosvr92 »

"i want to make a cg by using matinee"
....? You want to create a new character using the main character from the Matinee (1993) movie?

"but when JackSlade using the mesh in package DOTZACinematicsCharacters"
Using JackSlade from the cinematics..... Where and how? What are you actually trying to do?

The error you are describing sounds like you are missing the files: DOTZTCinematicsCharacters and DOTZTCinematics.
Check if you have them in the Animations folder.
Formerly known as TheKiller
User avatar China
sjc26
Infected
Infected

Post by sjc26 »

matinee cinematics tool in lotd map editor, i try to use it to make a film like lotd

i placed a Actor "JackSlade" at game map,it can't directly play the Animations in package DOTZACinematicsCharacters,but other packages like DOTZAHuman、DOTZACharacters are good.

then i think it might be solved by changing its mesh??
so i changed its mesh,the mesh in DOTZACharacters is ok,but the mesh DOTZACinematicsCharacters is not ok

the error displays Failed to load 'DOTZ T CinematicsCharacters', but package's name is DOTZ A CinematicsCharacters,why is that ???....
User avatar China
sjc26
Infected
Infected

Post by sjc26 »

but luckly ,
export meshes and animations to Blender, then the Actor jackslade can change to it and play animations normally by Blender exporting them to editor...
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Aaah.. I see.... I dont know anything about the Matinee tool. So you need the moving animations from The Cinematic files for your movie..
I didnt pay attention at the filenames... The missing files are of the Textures/Skins that are needed for the Cinematics.

The game got released without Textures for the Cinematics, so, you will have to either Create a new file with the same name as the missing files and put inside the textures from DOTZTHumans.utx. For this you may need Dragon Unpacker or UTPackageTool v2.0 Beta5, to find out the filenames of the missing files needed by the Cinematic files....

Or.... You could recreate the Cinematic ukx files with the proper textures....
User avatar China
sjc26
Infected
Infected

Post by sjc26 »

oh !! thank you , i thought the program was haunted again, so we need a "DOTZTCinematicsCharacters.utx"....
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Yes... I thought we could create it by finding out the filenames... But i see there were also actors stored in there.
I think the easiest solution would be for you to duplicate the DOTZACinematicsCharacters.ukx file and name it differently.... Say SJC-ACinematicsCharacters.ukx Open the file into the Editor, and set the Skin for each Character, from the DOTZTHumans.utx file.
After you are done, save your file and see if that works.

Buut let me see if i can figure out how to recreate the missing Textures file. It would be nice to have the file fixed back into the game.
Im not sure about finding the textures for the Reporter and for Kaufman. Do you know how to export the texture models for an animation?

EDIT: Ive sorted out Jack, Otis, DoctorBob, and the Reporter's face. We need the models for Head and Body models for Kaufman and the Reporter Body and the files are done. But i think you'd be better of remaking the animations if you are in a hurry. Also, i will split this conversation into a new topic as this isnt a General Error.
User avatar China
sjc26
Infected
Infected

Post by sjc26 »

@Dragosvr92
it finally worked
i copied file "DOTZTHuman.utx" as "DOTZTCinematicsCharacters.utx",then use editor to rename some textures and their groups
as for kaufman and reporter, i just borrowed doctor and jack's textures,hope they dont mind

and there also has a error said lacking of "DOTZTCinematics", but the characters can display textures correctly, play animations correctly too

export the texture models for an animation
and you mean export skeletal animations to another software?
you can use drgunpack to export psa(animations) and psk(meshes and bones)
import them to 3d modeling software like blender,3dmax,after that you can modify them
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Re: DOTZACinematicsCharacters missing files

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Nice ! You didnt have to change DOTZTHuman.utx" to "DOTZTCinematicsCharacters.utx, Just change the paths from the Animation file, to the DOTZTHuman file, and then save the UKX file under a new name. I managed to recreate the missing DOTZTCinematics.utx File by copying the missing 2 Textures inside, from DOTZTZombies. Now i only need the Head and Body Textures for Kaufman, and the body for the Reporter and DOTZTCinematicsCharacters is done also.

Yeah, i dont plan on learning how to 3D Model. We need the template for the missing textures. But without affecting the Animation models...
Its too early to post the files. Do you have a chat client like Discord or steam for me to send you the files?

I see you changed the bean cans with beer, and added new lights to the scene, aswell as the hanging corpse. Awesome ! :D
CinematicChange.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar China
sjc26
Infected
Infected

Re: DOTZACinematicsCharacters missing files

Post by sjc26 »

@Dragosvr92
yes,my discord: oldshen#3934
steam: 102200452

and the textures of kaufman and reporter, it may take some times to fix, maybe i will try it in free time

thanks again :lol: :lol: