D-Tools : Land of The Dead Server Query Tool.

Share your maps and mods with the community.
User avatar United States of America
DeepImpact
Server Admin
Server Admin

D-Tools : Land of The Dead Server Query Tool.

Post by DeepImpact »

Ok... http://lotd.usa.cc lists most main lotd server ip's.

But I also have some new software out as well. D-Tools.
D-tools is like your own private master server list. and a lot more.
Connect or query an lotd server directly. Create a desktop shortcut directly to a specific lotd server.
I think people will like it more if they knew about it more. yep.
But I use it... so therefore it gets updated.

It's free... virus and malware free.. and no installation needed.
There's just no excuse to not play when the master server is down now.
Get d-tools now. it's free. I made it. So enjoy. Just 1 click and you can be playing.

D-tools known bugs: The top 10 player stats may show blank on some windows systems.
Report any other bugs in this post. or any feedback if you like it.
It only requires visual basic 6 runtime files... vista and up should already have this.
xp and older read the read me file for the microsoft download url. vb6 1mb.

Last edited by DeepImpact on 18 Oct 2018, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: D-Tools : Land of The Dead Server Query Tool.

Post by Dragosvr92 »

That's an amazing tool DeepImpact !
It will help others join the servers a lot faster. I like the interface and its colours.
I had an idea in adding a join button too, on the http://www.rising-dead.com/forums/servers.php page but i didnt get to finish it.

I have two suggestions if you'd like to hear:

1. Make the tool detect the System path from the windows registry for both the exe and log file.

The path is set in this group entry:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\LOTD.exe\shell\open\command]

You can download the game's http://www.rising-dead.com/forums/lotdregistry.php here and have a look.

2. Add a server list editor where you add the server on a new line, the same way as you do in a text file.
PS: i Split the post from server ip's and made it into this topic.
Formerly known as TheKiller
User avatar Great Britain
cosmo
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Post by cosmo »

useful tool

is there a download link for players to get a copy of this ?
Download
DeepImpact
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by DeepImpact »

cosmo wrote:useful tool
is there a download link for players to get a copy of this ?
Sure.. the download link is at: lotd.us.to Just click on the D-Tools link on the left there.
Dragosvr92 wrote:That's an amazing tool DeepImpact !
It will help others join the servers a lot faster. I like the interface and its colours.
I had an idea in adding a join button too, on the http://www.rising-dead.com/forums/servers.php page but i didnt get to finish it.

I have two suggestions if you'd like to hear:
1. Make the tool detect the System path from the windows registry for both the exe and log file.

The path is set in this group entry:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\LOTD.exe\shell\open\command]

You can download the game's http://www.rising-dead.com/forums/lotdregistry.php here and have a look.

2. Add a server list editor where you add the server on a new line, the same way as you do in a text file.
PS: i Split the post from server ip's and made it into this topic.
Oh you split the post. thanks. I was like.. I don't remember making no new topic. lol!

Nice suggestion for the path.. I'll look into that indeed. That's a good idea.

Server list editor? You can add,delete,& edit the servers listed. Right-click on a server ip on the database tab to edit or delete.
Is that what you mean by editor? But the servers will be listed in the order that they were added.
The server names are received from the servers themselves and then are saved on exit or tab click.

Most things are covered in the readme.txt file.

Thanks for the nice feedback. I have worked a lot on it indeed.
I just really want people to play when the master server is down.
Last edited by DeepImpact on 27 Nov 2018, 00:49, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

DeepImpact wrote: Server list editor? You can add,delete,& edit the servers listed. Right-click on a server ip on the database tab to edit or delete.
Is that what you mean by editor? But the servers will be listed in the order that they were added.
The server names are received from the servers themselves and then are saved on exit or tab click.
I dont remember why i didnt reply to this until now. Maybe we continued the discussion on Xfire at the time...

By servers list, i believe i meant to have the server list stored into only one .txt file?
Have a Servers.txt file and the Server name and IP address in the same line. Find a separator for them.

***Server name*** || 123.123.123.123 or something like that. i think thats what i meant o.o
Formerly known as TheKiller
DeepImpact
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by DeepImpact »

AHHHH..Ok. I get what your saying. I will see if I can do that.. yup..

And Notice: The Top Players list needs fixing. I will try to fix all that stuff here soon.

* D-tools has now been updated with the latest server ip's. v 2.0.1.0-C (Oct 09 2015.)
(You can delete, add, and edit lotd ip's on dtools anyway.)

... NOTE: And I know.. if you click to get the top players list.. it will just exit off..
... I will fix that later on.. everything else still works fine though.

* D-TOOLS: a few features.. you may like...
* Join any LOTD server with your Player Name within just One Click.
* Create a desktop shortcut to d-tools.exe
* Create a desktop shortcut directly to a specific lotd server with your player name.
* See all the player names that's playing on the server and also their ping.
- D-Tools gets all the server information directly from an lotd server. It does not rely on the master server at all.

And just saying... I did work really hard on this d-tools a few years ago... and it wasn't just an over night application either...
But I did make it back when the master server was down a whole lot.. but eblade has made the master server much better now.
Ahh he's just having a few bugs now is all.. the master server will be back up like it has been I'm sure.
but still d-tools is still nice to have.. to see real quickly of how many is playing.. or who is playing.. or your ping.. .sure.

and NO..D-Tools does Not contain any viruses or malware.. I don't do that. I fix pc's... I don't break them... please...
D-Tools.. No Installation. Just unZip it and run. well.. you need to click on the setup Tab first though... yeah.
DeepImpact
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by DeepImpact »

* D-Tools: Updated. Version: 2.1.0.1

: Added Auto Detect lotd.exe and lotd.log file in settings.
: Fixed Top 10 players list from gametracker.
: Added Top 50 players web Link to gametracker.
: Added flood control. 3 second wait.
: And a few bug fixes.....
... A few more things may be added later that I have in mind.

Download D-Tools Here: http://lotd.us.to/landofthedead/dtools

NOTE: D-Tools gets the server information Directly from the server itself. No stinking master server is ever needed.
When adding new servers: All you need is to add the server ip and port.. on the Server Ip Database tab.
: The server names are retrieved directly from the server itself.
- So Please don't edit the Servers.txt or Names.txt files. Use D-tools on the Server IP Databse tab to edit/delete server ip's.
- Only the Top 10 players is retrieved from gametracker.com. Everything else is directly retrieved from the lotd servers.