PupsUltimateTexturePack

Share your maps and mods with the community.
User avatar Canada
Puppy Wehtam
Server Admin
Server Admin

PupsUltimateTexturePack

Post by Puppy Wehtam »

I decided yesterday to put in the effort to create my own Ultimate Texture Pack like Brando had. My texture pack includes mostly textures from Left4Dead that I had ripped from the game several months ago. I decided to finally take them all, fix them up, and import them into the editor in this texture pack. I also made sure to make each surface type appropriate for each texture. (Example: Wood is Wood and Metal is Metal.)

I also am including in the download a folder with all the Left4Dead textures I put in the pack. Some may wonder why but it allows easy editing of them for people who may want to edit them and because I thought it would be a nice cherry on this cake.

So please enjoy this pack and if you have any issues just tell me and I'll see what I can do.

DOWNLOAD = PupsUltimateTexturePack
Mapper, Server Owner (Puppy's Zomdemic)
User avatar Mexico
Marcus Vázquez
LOTD Modder
LOTD Modder
Name: Marcus Vázquez

Re: PupsUltimateTexturePack

Post by Marcus Vázquez »

Cool, big effort and time you spend on this, im pretty sure it will be better than that old UTP

Hope can see them soon.

:D
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
User avatar United States of America
DeepImpact
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: PupsUltimateTexturePack

Post by DeepImpact »

* Got it. nice.. thx pup... installed: PupsUltimateTexturePack.utx in: lotd /textures/ 30MB.

- Note: You can save some space with the download rar and remove the PupsUltimateTexturePack Folder. 96.4MB.
- But that's nice though if anyone wants to modify the pics for their own use for other textures or meshes.
- But all you need really is the file: PupsUltimateTexturePack.UTX RaR'd up. or zipped up.

.. Sorry my data limit used to very limited.. so I always went with the smallest file size. I'm all good now tho.. lol
.. Like 7-zip would compress lotd files way better than rar or zip would ever even come close to doing.
.. But yeah.. I'm all good now.. file size does not matter anymore. but it could to some people. maybe their on slow dsl still.

-------------------------------------------------------
But FYI: Here are my results with 7-Zip, Izarc-7zip, winrar, winzip :With a 22.5mb File.
Using 8 lotd Files: (1.u, 4.ukx, 1.uax, 1.usx, 1.utx. )
* 7zip: 1.89MB. that's nice! LMZA compression. heck yeah!
* IZarc 7zip lzma compression: 3.18mb. huh..not as good. even though it uses the same compression as 7zip?
* WinZip compression: Legacy: 8.57mb. ouch.
* WinZip compression: Optimise: 5.27MB. blehhh...
* WinRar: 4.96MB. hmmm....neh..
- 7-ZIP WINS! 22.5MB down to 1.89MB.
------------------------------------------------------