New Host 2019

Forum News, Updates, Support, Feedback and everything forum related.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

New Host 2019

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Two years ago when we closed our servers, we also had to shut the forums webhosting and to not close the forums down permanently, i moved it on a freehost which worked fine without any downtime. But since they decided they can no longer host us for free, we had 5 day downtime, time in which i had to look for another freehost which gives me the impression will be even more reliable.

The previous webhost was Byehost. In my search for a free webhost i've noticed byehost, infinityfree.net, and freehosting.io all belong to one company; ifastnet.com. So if you hosted with one of the 3 services, you cant move to another one as your domain is still set into their setup.

Long live LOTD.
Formerly known as TheKiller
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Host 2019

Post by Dragosvr92 »

As of yesterday our forum finally runs securely under the https protocol.
User avatar United States of America
destroyerlotd
Server Admin
Server Admin
Name: shhh...it's a secret?

Post by destroyerlotd »

Theres something freaky about the forums. Everytime I log in it sends me to the FreeWHA.com website and says theres something "broken". Then when I relog into Rising-Dead.coms site it loads. I'm glad the site is back up running...but this is weird. Who knows? Sorry to bother. (it does it every time also) ((it says "page not found"...Broken (i)frame )) and Please check files carefully...again..who knows ?
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

I see that error only appears if you login from the main home page. It must be because it is coded to display the contents from the /forums path and as for some reason is unable to redirect properly, it returns an error. The Portal mod is no longer supported and we are running on an older forum version. Just login from the forum itself and there wont be any issues.