finally got started

Ask here for general LOTD support, missing files.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Re: finally got started

Postby Dragosvr92 » 9 years 1 month ago (25 Apr 2011, 07:28)

Sorry but sadly i havent mastered the Shader thingy ...
If you want have a look at this : Shader Tutorial
Maybe you'll figure it out :)
0 x
Formerly known as TheKiller
ImageImage

User avatar Canada
Damocles
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

Postby Damocles » 9 years 4 weeks ago (26 Apr 2011, 19:12)

I'm not sure if you mean the muzzle flash or the pickup glow, but shaders are textures found in the DOTZ files. The Christmas lights tex file has a blue and a red blinking shader.
0 x

User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dragosvr92 » 9 years 4 weeks ago (27 Apr 2011, 03:21)

He means the Yellow light that apears on the Pickup Weapons.
You can create your own shaders ...
If you want to use CJ's Greeen shader instead of the Yellow you can just get his green shader and give him credit for that and so on.. ;)
0 x
ImageImage

User avatar United States of America
Samus Aran
Dead Walker
Dead Walker
Name: Phil Benton

Postby Samus Aran » 9 years 4 weeks ago (27 Apr 2011, 14:55)

So I have to load the shader texture from the dotz files?

and thanks for helping me so much. when the map is finished, I'll post here for all to see
0 x
Guess who's back

User avatar Canada
Damocles
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

Postby Damocles » 9 years 4 weeks ago (27 Apr 2011, 19:59)

@Killer: I thought that's what he meant.. wasn't sure tho. Actually, I prefer pickups with no shaders. :)

@Samus: Yes.. load them like any other texture. You're welcome for the help. I'm no expert but hey.. more maps is a good thing.
0 x

Samus Aran
Dead Walker
Dead Walker

Postby Samus Aran » 9 years 4 weeks ago (27 Apr 2011, 23:56)

and (lol more questioning) how would I apply said shaders?
0 x
Guess who's back

User avatar Canada
Damocles
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

Postby Damocles » 9 years 3 weeks ago (28 Apr 2011, 06:18)

Well.. if you use an existing shader (christmas lights.red blinking light for example), you would add a skin in the pickups' display properties, highlight the texture, go to display, and press *use*. However.. the pickup will alternate between red and black(gun detail will not show up). This can be fixed but it will require adding a whole new purple texture(I'm assuming purple is what you want). This is relatively easy but with a lot of persistence (and a little hair-pulling.. lol), I've managed to figure out how to create a new *material sequence shader*. It still requires a purple texture, but I found one you might like. I had to reverse engineer how the game uses these shaders (the tutorial confused the hell out of me :-?? ) Let me know what you wanna do. I'll explain the process and send the texture via PM. Cya.
0 x

User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dragosvr92 » 9 years 3 weeks ago (28 Apr 2011, 09:03)

The Shaders are all around the Textures... You Can Simply Add the Yellow Shader on the Flashlight weapons if you get into its propreties and Switch the Skin. but im not sure if the switching works correctly in MP
0 x
ImageImage

Samus Aran
Dead Walker
Dead Walker

Postby Samus Aran » 9 years 3 weeks ago (28 Apr 2011, 13:20)

Damocles wrote:Well.. if you use an existing shader (christmas lights.red blinking light for example), you would add a skin in the pickups' display properties, highlight the texture, go to display, and press *use*. However.. the pickup will alternate between red and black(gun detail will not show up). This can be fixed but it will require adding a whole new purple texture(I'm assuming purple is what you want). This is relatively easy but with a lot of persistence (and a little hair-pulling.. lol), I've managed to figure out how to create a new *material sequence shader*. It still requires a purple texture, but I found one you might like. I had to reverse engineer how the game uses these shaders (the tutorial confused the hell out of me :-?? ) Let me know what you wanna do. I'll explain the process and send the texture via PM. Cya.

Ok Damocles. I just want to change the weapon flash color to purple. also, what program could I use to create shaders and other stuff like that? you could see the video I posted in the maps and mods in progress thread. you'll see why I want purple.
0 x
Guess who's back

User avatar Canada
Damocles
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

Postby Damocles » 9 years 3 weeks ago (29 Apr 2011, 08:34)

I see that the purple ambient light issue is still a problem. I'm wondering.. did you add a zoneinfo actor? Try this: Go to the actor browser, and go to the info tab. Double click zoneinfo, and add it to the map (right click, add zoneinfo here). You will see a sprite with a small box and question mark. Right click on that, and go to Zone light. Change ambient brightness to about 80. Then change ambient hue to 200, and ambient saturation to 0. Build all. The map should be lit purple. Play level. You can change the ambient brightness and ambient hue values if you like, but I recommend not going too high with the saturation, as it dilutes the color with higher values. For experiment's sake, change the saturation to 255.. you will see what I mean. Play around with the values until you achieve the desired result.

Shaders can be made in the editor, but a shader will only change the skin of something. If you want the weapon flash, it requires (as far as I know) a *material sequence shader*. This shader switches between two textures (the gun and the yellow glow). As I said.. I've managed to figure out how to create a new one. However.. as theKiller rightly pointed out.. it remains to be seen if it will work in MP. But we will give it the old college try if you're willing. It's a bit to explain the process, so let's get your light working first. I'm in and out today so please be patient. We'll get er done.. ok? :) Let me know if you get the light working. Cya.
0 x

Return to “General LOTD Support”