[HOW-TO] Add LOTD to your Windows registry

Ask here for general LOTD support, missing files.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

[HOW-TO] Add LOTD to your Windows registry

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Sometimes you need to reformat your PC, but you keep all your installed Games and your other personal data on a other partition. In this case you want to keep your LOTD Game in your new Windows installation, without reinstalling everything again.

After you reinstall windows and after you get Everything setup, like Xfire, you realize that Xfire Wont detect LOTD Anymore.
That happens because LOTD is not "officially" installed. You just have the game files, but it is not mentioned into the Windows registry, as it wasnt installed using the installer, as it did on your previous version of Windows.

Here comes this little Online Tool i created, which creates a Registry file that you can run on your Computer to make Windows see it as installed, and therefor Xfire also, as Xfire automatically detects installed games from the registry.

All you have to do is browse to the link bellow and type the path to your LOTD Folder.
Land Of The Dead: Road To Fiddler's Green Registry

Now start writting the path to your LOTD Folder. Make sure you write the right path as the path will be inserted into the file which you will download. Here are a few examples on what your path should look like:

Code: Select all

C:\\Program Files\\Groove Games\\Land Of The Dead
D:\\LOTD
Note: Notice there are two backslashes.

After you run the file, restart Xfire and LOTD Will be there.

You could also add the game manually to your Xfire. For that you need to go to Tools/Options/Games/Not Installed
Look for Land Of the Dead in the List. Select Manual Detect. Set the game path by browsing to your LOTD.exe file and click Apply. But better use the main solution as its more simple and better to use.
Formerly known as TheKiller
User avatar United States of America
DarthTemplar312
LOTD Mapper
LOTD Mapper

Re: [HOW-TO] Add LOTD on Xfire

Post by DarthTemplar312 »

Was there supposed to be a 404? or I wasn't supposed to click it haha.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dragosvr92 »

I have changed the link since i posted. The url was in the header.
The link in the main post was updated. It was just a uppercase change from LOTDRegistry.php to lotdregistry.php
User avatar United States of America
DarthTemplar312
LOTD Mapper
LOTD Mapper

Post by DarthTemplar312 »

Ah ok better thanks TheKiller :D
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [HOW-TO] Add LOTD to your Windows registry

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Updated the code a tiny bit. Now when you right click a .dz file, you will see the lotd icon in the context menu.
LOTDContextMenuIcon.png
Once again, this script registers the game in Windows registry and makes it see it as an installed Program.
If you Reformatted Windows, or just copied the LOTD files and didnt use the LOTD installer, it is recommended you use it.

Its just re-adding code to the registry that the LOTD installer would normally do.
Im considering if i should update it and register all LOTD files(ukx, usx, utx, u) and style them with icons and programs that could run them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.