Just registered? Introduce yourself, we dont bite ! :z7:
User avatar Argentina
jrg.bass
Lurker
Lurker
Name: JORGE

Hello! New old player

Post by jrg.bass »

Hello guys, im new around here, it is good to see that community for this game is still alive after all this years. I used to play LOTD a lot, single player and online with my friends. I used to play a lot in my childhood so i have a special love for this game (also im a big horror movie fan and zombie is my favorite genre).
How is the community nowadays? Do you have a discord server or something like that?
PD: (Im a spanish speaker from Argentina so my english is work in progress :D )
User avatar United States of America
destroyerlotd
Server Admin
Server Admin
Name: shhh...it's a secret?

Re: Hello! New old player

Post by destroyerlotd »

Welcome dude....this is DESTROYER here...great to have you back on LOTD. tho theres not many servers left...we all welcome you to play and enjoy. This game is forever it seems....cheaters and hackers nearly destroyed it many many times...but we WON'T die. Theres a few forums and info sites you can get basically anything or get any questions answered. Again...welcome back friend...we're still a family and we take care of each other. LONG LIVE LOTD 8-)
User avatar Argentina
jrg.bass
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jrg.bass »

destroyerlotd wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 20:05 Welcome dude....this is DESTROYER here...great to have you back on LOTD. tho theres not many servers left...we all welcome you to play and enjoy. This game is forever it seems....cheaters and hackers nearly destroyed it many many times...but we WON'T die. Theres a few forums and info sites you can get basically anything or get any questions answered. Again...welcome back friend...we're still a family and we take care of each other. LONG LIVE LOTD 8-)
Thanks for the welcome friend, I have been researching about the game community and I appreciate what you did and the love behind this community. It's inspiring that the game and the community are still alive even though there aren't many of us. Long live Land of the Dead! :mrgreen:
I was playing a few games alone because no one was on any server. Is it okay if I share the Discord server I created to host games and bring people together? I'm "recruiting" people to play the game.
User avatar Romania
Dragosvr92
Administrator
Administrator
Name: Dragoș-Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Well, i cant say the community is alive, but i still keep the forums running. It is just my tribute to the game that i once was attached to and a useful resource for whomever may be interested in the game.

Sadly it was never really alive since everyone warred around foolishly and scattered so they each made their own place, many of which dont even exist online anymore.

Long ago players used to exchange Xfire/Steam ids and link new players to forums, but nowadays few use forums, and new players have no way of knowing about us since i doubt any of the remaining servers point to the forums in a MOTD line.

I made a Discord group when Xfire shut down in 2016, but there arent any players to use it. https://discord.gg/WydXbYfFsu

Really glad to see old players returning to the game. Enjoy your time tasting a bit of nostalgia ! :D
Formerly known as TheKiller
User avatar Argentina
jrg.bass
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jrg.bass »

Dragosvr92 wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 23:38 Well, i cant say the community is alive, but i still keep the forums running. It is just my tribute to the game that i once was attached to and a useful resource for whomever may be interested in the game.

Sadly it was never really alive since everyone warred around foolishly and scattered so they each made their own place, many of which dont even exist online anymore.

Long ago players used to exchange Xfire/Steam ids and link new players to forums, but nowadays few use forums, and new players have no way of knowing about us since i doubt any of the remaining servers point to the forums in a MOTD line.

I made a Discord group when Xfire shut down in 2016, but there arent any players to use it. https://discord.gg/WydXbYfFsu

Really glad to see old players returning to the game. Enjoy your time tasting a bit of nostalgia ! :D
I made a discord server before reading this comment, sorry for that :D
Feel free to join: https://discord.gg/m2HYe82hH9
In Latin America it is a widely played and well-known game, most of us Latinos play it as children and we have a great love for it haha, we can surely revive the community or play every so often.

PD: I also saw that the community is really scattered everywhere but there are quite a few. It is a waste that they are gone and we are not on a server playing all together